We love the forest!

 The tamariki have been enjoying exploring the newly opened forest / ngahere area. We have been talking about how we can be kaitiaki / guardians of the forest.

I love the forest because there is this big rock that I can surf on. It is so fun also because I can play lots and lots of games. I can be kaitiaki by picking up rubbish and keeping safe the trees by not taking out the branches. I can also be kaitiaki by not digging out the dirt and roots. I feel happy.

by Izma 


I like the forest because of the sun because it lets the sun in through the leaves. I can help the forest by being gentle.

by Ben


I like the forest because Lexi lets me chase her. I can be kaitiaki by being gentle with the leaves and not eating there.

by Maddie


I liked the forest because I found a spider web.

by Olly


I like the forest because I like the hide out. I can by kaitiaki by picking up rubbish.

by Ava


I like the forest because I can play hide and seek with my friends and talk with my friends.

by Shlok

 

I look after the forest by looking after the trees.

by Deniz






You are not allowed to dig.

You are not allowed to climb the trees.

You are not allowed to break the branches.

No rubbish in the forest.

by Nate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ahuriri and Huritini hosted assembly!

Firewise Visit from The NZ Fire Service